Challenging the wind-power paradigm
Brushed DC pitch motor technology is plagued with issues that cause low reliability, high maintenance costs, and frequent failures leading to high downtime and low-capacity factors in Wind Turbines.
Enedym’s Switched Reluctance Motor (SRM) technology has a simple, robust, and low-cost construction. It has simple coils on the stator, no conductors, no brushes on the rotor and do not use permanent magnets, which require rare earth materials which have challenges in global supply chains.
Improved Efficiency, power density and reliability
Robust yet light systems that are easier to install, more reliable and efficient to run.
Higher Capacity Factors
More reliable design means less failures, more uptime, and increased profitability.
System design eliminates the permanent magnet for a smaller environmental footprint.
- No rare-earth magnets
- Commutators and brushes are eliminated
- Smaller and lighter
- Low stator current density, no rotor conductors
- High efficiency, lower operating temperature
- Lower volume, improved ruggedness
- Higher peak power capability
- Vibration resistance and ingress protection
- Cost-effective and reliable design approach
- Better heat dissipation