Scaling engineering capability to deliver next-generation drive systems, faster
Today’s staged development processes are not cost-effective or fast enough to meet demand for next-generation transportation systems. Complex data hand-offs, repeated prototype builds, and limited process feedback present challenges for development teams already under pressure. Our tools and methods enable engineering teams to deliver tomorrow’s energy systems, faster.
Realized process improvement
(with major automotive OEM)
A connected engineering platform
Our digitization platform links leading engineering tools to create a unique virtual environment for development of electric motors, drives, and electrified powertrains. A high level of interoperability enables faster cross-functional workflows for every stage of drive system development, from simulation to verification.
- Support engineering teams of any size
- Achieve design requirements with fewer costly builds
- Lowered capital requirements
- Higher flexibility in design iterations
- Faster time to market
Toolsets for faster development
Represent real-world operating conditions in a virtual environment with exceptional accuracy.
Multiphysics modeling and characterization of system behavior enables advanced control of thermal, structural, acoustic, and power performance.
Automated generation of manufacturing-ready CAD data for both structural and electrical system components
We are ready to support
your advanced development projects
- Electrified powertrain optimization
- Drive system integration & verification
- Reduction & elimination of rare-earths in motors
- Architecture & requirements commonization
- Components sizing
- Motor and system controls development
- Motor topology & performance optimization
Applications & Systems
- Switched-reluctance motors (SRMs)
- Interior permanent-magnet motors (IPMs)
- Induction motors
- Electric motor drives / electronic drive units (motor, inverter, gearbox systems)
- Motor controllers
We are a technology company
We have ownership of over 50 patents and pending patent applications and related inventions developed by the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Hybrid Powertrain Dr. Ali Emadi and his research group at the McMaster Automotive Resource Centre (MARC), McMaster University.
As one of the largest research groups in transportation electrification technology in academia in North America, Enedym is the result of 7 years of intense research and development at MARC.